Thursday, January 28, 2010

I love Miss America because...

Hi everyone!

As tired as I am, I cannot tell you how proud I am to be here at Miss America. The feeling of family that you get when you see people from your own state, the excitement of meeting new friends, and the idea that you are witnessing magic happen and seeing lives change is just an incredible experience.

Last night’s visitation was so much fun after the pageant. I have never been more proud of Heather than I was last night for her talent and we each took turns hugging her and lifting her off the ground. She was just radiant. I also made sure to spend some time with my dear friend Jen (DC) who is shining in every phase this week. Ashley (NJ) looked gorgeous as well. And I FINALLY found my way to the fabulous Amanda Kelly (Massachusetts)!! Amanda competed at the National Sweetheart Pageant two years ago and this year (because she AND her fabulous mother are SO amazing!) she went out to Hoopeston for the whole week to support her first runner up! We all spent some time talking out there and we became fast friends. Her mama is FIERCE I love that woman. They were excited to see me as well because they knew I was out here, it was a wonderful reunion and she is just so gorgeous I can’t stand it!

Of course all us kings, queens, and in betweens made our way down to the Heart Bar to discuss the night and celebrate the Miss America experience. My dear, dear friend Michael Nash (Indiana, also Miss PR’s Outstanding Teen, competing at large! Hehe) and I spent some wonderful time together and caught up. It’s also so cool to enjoy conversations with some of the designers and hear their take on the pageant business and the latest trends and news.

Tonight I am SO excited because the day of my pageant dinner has finally arrived! My close friends will join me at Rum Jungle at Mandalay Bay and I’m just beyond thrilled that it all came together! It will be a wonderful celebration of friendship and pageant love!

Come visit me at The Red Carpet at the trade show, we are all the way in the back on the left side. EXCITING NEWS! On FRIDAY and SATURDAY we are showing Jonathan Kayne’s latest designs. They will only be available at our booth, and he’ll be there showing them off! To schedule an appointment to try on Jonathan’s line with me, please drop me a line at 516-297-5323. I will be available Friday from 10-1 and Saturday from 10-2.

Enjoy this FABULOUS Las Vegas day!

Love always,
Chris
Mr. DE 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment