Wednesday, January 27, 2010

TUESDAY NIGHT BLOG!!

Prelims were a thrill…excitement in the air! Katie looked wonderful and sounded terrific singing “I’ll Be Seeing You”. The opening number, which has been rough in rehearsal (Like, ‘we need another week to rehearse it’ rough), really came together and the girls looked they were having a blast!

SWIMSUIT
My favorites were Texas and Tennessee. They both OWNED that stage and had abs for days, at least from my vantage point. Puerto Rico leaned back when she walked, but she looks better in photos than she did in person. Some girls…they know who they are…pony kicked like they were getting paid for it. TOO MUCH! Congrats to Miss PR on her swimsuit win. Honorable mention to California.

EVENING WEAR
Again loved Tennessee…a bit pageanty, but that blue on a blonde works for me every time. SO MANY white and champagne gowns, kudos to HI, DE, TN, OH for bringing some color. Really liked California’s white, especially the rhinestone strips in the back. Really liked OH in purple and Texas in black. Too many Katie Stam/Kirsten Haglund wannabes.

ON STAGE QUESTION
Are we at a local? Many were very disappointing. DC highlight of the night by far. Can’t wait to see what she brings the rest of the week. Honorable mention Nebraska and New Mexico (love her!)

TALENT
Utah was my favorite. Love, love, love. Indiana was good but kind of boring. Virginia was INTO IT. She’s going for it all the way and I think she’ll do well. A few of the vocals near the end were strained, but good overall. Maine and Louisiana were just a tad disappointing. Just not as good as the dreaded hype. Good though. Liked Colorado, Oregon, and Arizona for their energy, but they don’t have winning talents. NJ looked beautiful and sang better than I’ve heard her. Well done Ashley!

Visitation was lovely. Heather looked radiant and is having the time of her life! I’m so excited for her. I FINALLY got to see Jen (DC), it’s been so long. She’s having a great week as well. Nicole (Michigan) remembered me from Hoopeston! She is sweet as pie.

After the pageant, pretty much a huge gay fantasy came true when I met, spent time with, took pictures with, bought a drink for, fawned over, and sang some Legally Blonde to Miss America 1998 Kate Shindle. IN LOVE! I also was able to spend time with so many wonderful facebook friends who I FINALLY got to meet in person! Craig, Gaspar, Travis, and a bunch of new friends as well. Met Tony Bowls (adorable) and had a great conversation with Chet, ED of PA.

I HAVE to get ready for the trade show…ahh!!! Can’t wait for Day 2 in VEGAS!!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment