Thursday, March 25, 2010

MWOY Kickoff!!

Tonight I began a very important (and currently overwhelming! lol) journey as a nominee for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Man and Woman of the Year Competition. This is the inaugural year for the Delaware Chapter and I am honored to be a part of this tremendous fundraising campaign. I am extremely nervous as I am the youngest nominee, but I am also excited to start raising money for such an amazing cause!

One of my closest friends and first local titleholders, Julia Fuller, spent all of her competition years focused on her platform "Blood Cancers: Creating Pathways to a Cure". Her mother Debbie suffered from multiple myeloma for years and eventually succumbed to the disease in October. Julie is a tireless advocate and she is going to be a part of this process with me every step of the way. Tonight she was by my side and I would not have her any other way. I already told her, I'm going to put her name in the hat as a nominee next year!

Please, please, please spend some time volunteering for a great cause this spring and summer. With phenomenal weather ahead, there will be a ton of amazing outdoor events for you to get involved in! The opportunity to grow as a person is worth every minute!

Love always,
Chris

PS Look out for lots of information upcoming about the 2010 Mr. DE Pageant! APRIL 10!!

No comments:

Post a Comment