Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sometimes, magic happens...

Wendy is on for the third time right now! Midnight on BET! Woohoo!!

I cannot WAIT to post pictures from today...I don't know whe that will be, since I don't have internet for my laptop (where the photos are) here in NY and I'm traveling so much...maybe end of this week, maybe next.

My day started at around 5:45 am when I woke up to get ready to head into the city to see The Wendy Williams Show with Trish and Lynn and Kathy, all of us from The Red Carpet. My dad was so nice as to drop me off for a 6:33 train and I walked out onto 7th Avenue at around 7:20 AM, dressed to the nines, the sun was shining, and it was the most excited I've been for an early morning in a while! I stopped at Starbucks to grab a snack and met Kathy and Lynn at 7:45 outside the theater. Trish met us about 10 minutes later and we headed inside to sign in and freshen up at the famous Pantene Beauty Bar. We also all filled out our Ask Wendy segment forms (I had also e-mailed one) and excitement started to build as time ticked by. Trish and I were SO excited and I guess it showed, because the production staff came up to us and asked us if we'd be interested in commenting on Hot Topics! So glad they had some cheat sheets there! We had a small 'audition' and Trish and I were both picked to talk about Shaunie and Shaq O'Neill and Trish's favorite, Michael Jackson! We talked to the staff for a while, love to Tashara and Suzanne! We had a BLAST joking around with them, telling them about The Red Carpet, Mr. Delaware, etc. At one point I even did my swimsuit walk for them! They told us they were DEFINITELY going to use us and even though it wasn't for Ask Wendy (I had such a good topic for that too!) I was still SO excited and feeding off the energy.

When we finally sat in the theater I could barely contain my excitement and kept almost elbowing Kathy as I danced in the aisle. We all headed out onto the set for a warm up dance party and Tashara invited us to take pictures right on Wendy's set! Trish and I then participated in a 6 person dance contest and I finished second to the fabulous Rufus. All the single ladies!!!

Then, right before the show they told me I was definitely the first hot topic and I would indeed be talking about Michael Jackson and all the issues with his kids. It was right at the beginning of the second segment of Hot Topics and I held a goooood pageant pose for a good minute while waiting for Wendy to call on me. The producers had asked me to wear my pin and introduce myself as Mr. DE because they thought Wendy would like it, and did she ever! "Wait...you are here in front of me striking a pose with a sparkly brooch!" HAHA! I introduced myself and talked about how Michael's kids really need a good education and a strong home life....and that life is bad enough when your name is Blanket. True story, and she looooved it. I meant every word, strong family is the key to growing up well in my eyes. I kept giving her a big verbal AND non-verbal How You Doooiiiin?? And she made my day (part 1) by saying..."All this from the flamboyant schoolteacher giving me the non-verbal How You Doin? with the brooch on the left! I love you!" Bahahahaha I love you too, Wendy!!! Best time ever!

The rest of the show was so much fun. Sadly Trish didn't get to do her Hot Topic because it was time for another commercial! Fran Drescher and Todd Bridges were good and Perez Hilton was...there. Looking....well, he was there. When the show was over (And Wendy really let a girl have it in Ask Wendy! YAY!) we stayed to watch her tape some promos and then snapped some pictures of her before heading out with some FranBran lip balm and a copy of Todd's new book! It was a thrilling morning!

As if that morning was not enough...Trish dropped me off at The Westin in Times Square. My good friend Michael Nash from the Indiana MAO Board of Directors had flown out to NYC for the day with Katie Stam (y'all know her!), her gorgeous sister Heidi, and her wedding planner Scott. Claire's mom JoEllen was also spending the day with us, YAY! I joined them for the afternoon and off we were to Canal Street! Got some sunglasses to beat the glare while the girls searched for the perfect deals on the perfect bags. They were successful! We then headed uptown to visit Claire for a hot second at the new Apple store and then headed into FAO Schwartz for a while. We also went to see the stars' gowns on display at Armani on Fifth Avenue and walked past all of the phenomenal stores before stopping for a late lunch. They headed back to the Westin to get their luggage and get to the airport, and I was off to H&M to do some summer shopping before training it back to Long Island!

I have to tell you...I have had the opportunity to meet Katie on several occasions while she was Miss America, but this was the first time we were able to talk for more than about 20 seconds. This girl is the real deal. Walking down the streets of NYC harmonizing to the Dreamgirls soundtrack made my day more than any day every could have been made. She listened to allllll of my latest stories and I learned a great deal about her life, her family, and some of her greatest moments as well. She is so full of amazing ideas about the future of MAO...I truly hope the board perks up and starts to listen to her! I'm already looking forward to seeing her and Michael again in NYC next month!

I hope to have lots of pics AND videos on my Facebook soon!! Anyone know how I can post a video here on the blog??

SO much love for the world tonight...Mom made me a home cooked meal and we watched Wendy again tonight, and then I've just been packing and relaxing off this high. Another highlight of the day...I found two dress shirts in my trunk I thought I had left in a hotel recently! YAY again!

Up at 6:30 tomorrow to be out by seven and beat the traffic down to The Red Carpet ~ Sewell...then judging the Mr. West Chester University Pageant once again in PA! It's an amazing event!!

Thursday morning I can sleep...a little. Half day of subbing and math club, dinner with Tammy, and then getting ready for the big Johnathan Kayne weekend at The Red Carpet! His plane lands at 11:30 Thursday night, and that puts this chauffer on the job!

So much love to you all...and a big HOW YOU DOIIIIIIN??
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment