Monday, March 15, 2010

A note of thanks/info, originally posted on the voy...


Thank you to those of you that enjoy my support for MAO, because that's what I believe in and that's why I continue to be a local director. I love MAO and everything it stands for.


I have always said and will always continue to say, my title was absolutely unofficial. I think I've posted this story before, but the 2008 Mr. DE Pageant was held as a fundraiser by Miss Delaware 2007 Brittany Dempsey and it helped raise both scholarship money and CMN funds. Now she and I co-produce the event to raise more scholarship money for our local organizations and we each proudly had the largest scholarships in Delaware this year. We've already had a lot of contestant requests for this year and we are eagerly awaiting April 10 to arrive for another spectacular event! It's all fun, just a good time for everyone.


After I won some pageant friends of mine asked me to sing at their events or volunteer with a charity, so I did so. Between that and watching my amazing local titleholders doing all of their incredible platform work, I was inspired to do more community service so I made it my goal to do as much as possible during my 'year'. During that time, I decided to start posting here using the Mr. DE handle so that people would know where I was coming from. The blog didn't even exist yet. I started it months later and more than anything else it was to keep my family up to date about my life because they live a few states away.


I think some of you have this idea that I run around pushing my way into every event I can so people will know I exist. Nowadays, between being a local director and teaching to pay my rent, I attend whatever I can when I am invited. Some pageant directors like the way I Emcee and the way I sing and I love entertaining, so if they ask me to be a host and I'm available, I'm happy to volunteer my time. I also try to make it to every local DE pageant because I love supporting all of the girls and I want them to know that we are a family who wants to support a wonderful Miss Delaware, no matter who she may be.


If I am asked to judge another pageant and I am available, I also love to volunteer to do so. It is a wonderful opportunity judges are given to help young women grow and learn and when I am asked to judge it never has anything to do with the fact that I was a Mr. DE. Even I wouldn't hire myself for just that reason. I have been a successful local director for three years and I love the MAO.


I post my blog here because some people like to read it and I like to write it. I know some people like to know when it's updated, and I've been trying to do it moreso because it's nice for my family to read about what I'm up to. When I post it, you never have an obligation to read it. For those of you who do, thank you! It means a lot to me that you do.


Anyway, I just wanted to clarify all of that. I love the MAO and I love this board and I know that even a people pleaser can't please everyone, so I understand if you still think I'm a ridiculous person. I just like to think I'm me!I hope you all have a wonderful week!


Chris Saltalamacchio

Mr. DE 2008


And PS YES Anyone can get tickets to Wendy Williams! I'm just really excited to go! LOL that's all!
(Photo courtesy of Delaware Newsjournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment