Thursday, March 4, 2010

What a week...

Hi everyone!

After recovering from The Bachelor finale, the last three days have been jam packed.

Tuesday I drove up to The Red Carpet ~ Wayne to meet with a contestant. She found her perfect gown! Yay! I took care of some odds and ends at the store before heading further north to the Mahwah area. I saw signs for Franklin Lakes and wanted to drop in on The RHofNJ!! But couldn't waste the time...

I had the amazing honor of hosting the first SHINE Prom Fashion Show, produced by Miss South Jersey 2010 and my very good friend Krysten Moore. Krysten is a phenomenal young woman who will be competing at the Miss New Jersey Pageant for the first time in 2010 and we have become fast friends over the past few months. The models were her pageant sisters and family members and friends and she picked out some fantastic gowns and cocktail dresses from The Red Carpet. I am SO proud of Krysten for the amazing event she put together, there were incredible vendors and raffles at the gorgeous Church of the Presentation in Upper Saddle River, NJ. I even had the opportunity (last minute) to sing twice in between all my cracks about The Real Housewives and all my Wendy Williams 'How You Doin????s (I am so dying to be on that show!!!). I started with The Way You Look Tonight and then sang my newest piece, Somewhere Out There (from Fievel) as the models walked in the finale. It was so much fun!

Krysten and her family treated my like a total celebrity the entire evening and it was such a pleasure to see and spend time with all of them. I was too tired to drive all the way down (3 hours) that night so I stayed with them at their amazing house and BOTH of her parents woke up at 5 am to see me off! I made it down to DE/MD and was actually early to sub a half day in second grade. Then I headed off to The Grand Opera House in Wilmington for my Fashion Ambush photo shoot!! I was able to wear three of my absolute FAVORITE outfits and although I'm not going to tell you what they are, I'm sure you'll be able to guess! I can't wait to post the link when the article comes out in the Delaware Newsjournal, just 10 days away!

I had three more commitments to keep yesterday (remember, up since 5 am) and didn't get home until after 11:30 PM...fell asleep fully clothed. Woke up today and had a full day in a psych ward of a first grade...how do some of these kids grow up like this? And I have three full years experience!!! OY!

I changed and headed off the the William Penn HS prom fashion show. The Red Carpet ~ Perryville was a big sponsor and I must say that our gowns looked stunning on that stage! My good friend Nikki Laws (My Miss Capital's OT last year and first runner up to MDOT 09!) is Valedictorian at WPHS and she looked stunning in her Jovani and HFH prom dresses! I am so proud of her and all she has accomplished!

Made it home around 9:30 tonight, in time for all of my Real Housewives shenanigans. I hope you read all my details in the comments of my other post!

I can't believe it's one am already....thank goodness I can sleep in tomorrow!!! I have clients all day at The Red Carpet ~ Sewell tomorrow before spending the night with my old amazing roommate Kelly at her new apartment in West Chester! Saturday I am presenting a What Not To Wear segment to all of the contestants at the Miss Philadelphia Pageant before heading to the Miss SE PA local...then Allentown Sunday morning before headed all the way back down to Dover DE for the 2010 Miss Kent County Pageant!

I'm very much looking forward to a more calm week next week before some much needed time at home on Long Island.

Love you all so much! All the best for a fabulous weekend!!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment